The course covers essential requirements of safe working procedures on High Voltage electrical equipment and systems, required by the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, and in particular personnel working to the NHS High Voltage Electrical Safety Rules HTM 06-03.
Our Healthcare Authorisation course concentrates on the practical and procedural aspects of safe working on electrical equipment.
• Electricity at Work Regulations
• Requirements for safe operation under HTM 06-03
• High voltage distribution systems
• High voltage equipment including switchgear and protective devices
• Operation and maintenance of standby power supplies and equipment
• Roles and duties of the Authorised Person
• Safe working procedures
• Practical exercises in the completion of Safety Programmes and issue of Permits to Work and Sanctions to Test
• Completion of logbooks and associated documentation
To assist delegates in gaining the additional knowledge required to carry out Authorised Person duties and execute their responsibilities in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and the specific requirements of Health Technical Memorandum 06-03 Electrical Safety Guidance for High Voltage Systems.
Anyone being considered for HV authorisation.
Who should attend?
Experienced engineering staff with responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of installed High Voltage systems and who may be appointed as Authorised Person (Electrical High Voltage). It is recommended that delegates on this course will have already attended an HV Operation and Safety Course or a recognised industry equivalent.
This course is in preparation for your authorisation interview, and an attendance certificate will be issued.
Download Course Details
Click here to download these course details.