City & Guilds Accredited Certificate in High Voltage Authorised Persons course is suitable for all levels of candidates
Upon successful completion of the course, subject to network owner approval, candidates will be able to enter high voltage switchrooms and perform switching operations.
Upon completion of the course candidates will be assessed to a competency level suitable for an Authorised Person for complex systems i.e. large sites.
This course, is a perfect high voltage switching course for those who need HV AP – High Voltage Authorisation to switch.
- Learn how to use high voltage potential indicators – we have many brands available – Seaward, Metrohm & Edgecumbe
- Carry out live testing using a High Voltage Indicator
- Safety requirements
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- Arrangement of high voltage substations/switchrooms
- Emergency conditions
- Restoration or repair
- Philosophy of high voltage distribution
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- Spiking – Pre Identification Methods and Spiking of an HV Cable
- Statutory Electrical Regulations
- Limited Operational Procedures
- High voltage safety rules
- Contents of Safe Systems of Work
- Introduction to electrical protection
- Practical switching exercises- including earthing of switchgear and cables
- Case studies
- Issue & Cancellation of Safety Documents LOA , PTW and SFT
- Course review
To introduce personnel to the High Voltage Authorised Persons role for the operation of electrical power systems to enable them to enter substations/switchrooms, carry out switching operations, monitor the performance and condition of the system in a safe and competent manner.
The course is intended to provide knowledge and awareness of limited safety document issuing responsibilities.
Electrical/non-electrical personnel required to carry out HV switching operations with limited safety document issuing responsibilities.
Candidates who successfully complete the City & Guilds Accredited Certificate in theoretical and practical competence assessments will receive a City & Guilds Accredited Certificate of competence.
Download Course Details
Click here to download these course details.