Our City & Guilds Accredited Certificate in High Voltage Senior Authorised Persons Course is the best commercially available and it is delivered by operational electrical engineers; no other centre in the UK can match the operational capability we have.
This training programme requires a good foundation of electrical knowledge. To bring candidates up to a competency level suitable for Senior Authorised persons.
Fundamentals of the Safe Operation of High Voltage Power Systems (SAP Course)
- Statutory regulations
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- Arrangement of high voltage systems
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- Switchgear Capabilities
- SOPS & DINS
- Roles and Responsibilities of Competent, Authorised and Senior Authorised Persons
- High voltage safety rules
- Issue and control of safety documentation
- Safety Lockout Procedures, Key Safes/Multi Hasp locking devices (Isoloks)
- Application of electrical protection
- Emergency conditions
- Practical exercises (Switching/ safety documents/ Switching Programmes).
- Fault incidents & Case studies
- Look ins into past operational incidents and there learning points
To provide an understanding of Industrial HV/LV power systems including statutory regulations, safe operation, protection and fault diagnosis on a wide range of power equipment. Also to enable candidates to perform HV switching operations on industrial HV networks up to and including 33kV and to prepare them for HV authorisation in accordance with their companies’ safety rules/regulations.
Personnel who are to be responsible as Senior Authorised Persons for switching and issue of electrical safety documents. You need to of attended an Authorised Persons, otherwise you may find this course difficult.
Candidates who successfully complete the City & Guilds Accredited Certificate in theoretical and practical competence assessments will receive a City & Guilds Accredited Certificate of competence.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506