This course allows you to study for two qualifications, which have been combined into one study programme.
This qualification is for those who wish to demonstrate their knowledge for the Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment in the UK and also for the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment in the UK.
It is based primarily on BS7671:2018, 18th Edition Wiring Regulations and the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 5th Edition
- understand the statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to electrical equipment maintenance.
- understand electrical units, circuits, components and definitions associated with in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- understand how equipment construction and classification reduces the risk of electric shock.
- understand the procedures for the in service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- understand why and how to carry out inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- understand the information relating to in service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- understand the responsibilities and training requirements for personnel associated with the inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- able to inspect and test items of electrical equipment.
The aim of this qualification is to enable you to both manage and undertake practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- There are no formal pre-requisites to this qualification but it is recommended that candidates should have suitable knowledge of electrical theory and ideally be working within the electrical or a related industry.
On successful completion you will be awarded two City & Guilds Qualifications
The dates for this course will be matched to your individual requirements, please contact us to arrange dates.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506