We can develop you a safe systems of work, provide support to your business and coach your team 100% of the way.
High & Low Voltage Consultancy (Policy Development & Training Requirements)
Owners and operators of electrical switchgear in industrial and commercial organisations are required by law to provide management systems that will ensure safe operation and minimise the risk of injury.
- Records System
- Policies and Procedures
- Definitions of Responsibilities and Training Requirements
- Auditing and Monitoring the Effectiveness of Procedures
Work on or near high voltage equipment presents a higher risk which requires careful assessment and should be carried out in accordance with Permit to Work (PTW) system. Only competent persons, fully trained and experienced in this particular work and authorised in writing should be allowed to implement the permit system and operate the high voltage switchgear.
Hv Training offers consultancy service in auditing and developing high voltage safety rules/documents and operational procedures designed specifically to meet client’s requirements, complying with:
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Management of Health &Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Appropriate International and British Standards
It covers the selection, use, care and maintenance of 3-phase electrical switchgear up to 33kV AC (oil, air, SF6, vacuum). The high voltage safety rules/documents will include:
- Operation of electrical supply systems
- Access to high voltage switchroom
- Operation of switches and isolators
- Record keeping
- Safe switchgear maintenance
- Locking of switchgear shutter
- Isolation of transformers
- Permit to Work, Safety Programme, Sanction for Test, Limitation of Access
- Danger Notices
- Commissioning and testing of switchgear
- Electric shock treatment
For further information, please contact us.
We can develop safe systems for you that will keep your business competitive and strong.
Allowing you to rest easy; knowing you are being proactive and have support of like minded professionals.
Are you a small business or wish to have additional support from fully qualified Health & Safety Professionals; with industry knowledge and know how.
We hire our safety team to support you; on an hourly basis; once you have a thorough check with us; if you have under five employees we will complete this for £300.00 plus vat; then an hourly rate is all thats charged for annual support.
All our safety staff are IOSH & NEBOSH qualified, who have hands on work ethics.
Need more engineering support? http://www.siteenergyservices.co.uk/consultancy
We offer a consultancy service covering the full project lifecycle, from feasibility studies and conceptual design solutions, through to delivery.
We can also incorporate project management for you.
Civil & Structural Design
Our aim is to be innovative in design to develop sustainable solutions. Our expertise includes extensive knowledge in construction projects of all types and we aim to maintain our recognised reputation in the electricity and utility sectors.
Our experience includes working to demanding deadlines driven by different forms of contract often to facilitate turnkey project delivery by the contractors we work with.
Site Energy Services Electrical consultancy services will compliment:
- Civil and structural engineering
- Water and drainage engineering
- Highway engineering
- Port and dock engineering
- Contract management and administration
- Cost consultancy
- Quantity surveying
- Foundation design
- Geotechnical and Geo-environmental consultancy
- Asset management
- Project management
- CDM services
- Building surveying
- Environmental impact studies
- Waste management
- Expert witness reporting
We are able to work as a multi-disciplinary professional design team or within multi-disciplinary teams where we are comfortable working with architects, quantity surveyors, mechanical and electrical designers and other professional or technical disciplines, to deliver for you.