Abrasive Wheels Course – at our training centre from £45.00 or on your site £400.00. Our Abrasive Wheels training course provides training in the safe use of abrasive wheels in compliance with the requirements of PUWER and HASAWA 1974.
This course can also be completed with virtual training via zoom, which can be especially useful for group bookings.
Our abrasive wheels course is suitable for all operators, supervisors and managers, who as part of their working duties select, mount, use or inspect abrasive wheels. Covers all types of cutting an grinding application (Angle Grinders, Chop Saws, Bench/Pedestal Grinders, Disc Cutters, Cut-Off Saws, etc).
Outline of the Abrasive Wheels Training Programme:-
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- PUWER (The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998)
- HSE Publication HSG 17 “Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels”
- Wheel Burst
- Portable Angle Grinder Safety
- Types & Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel
- Making of Abrasive Wheels
- Abrasive Wheel Machine Components
- Operating Speeds for Abrasive Wheels
- Guards, Rests & Accessories
- Dressing & Balancing
- Specific Mounting Produces
- Hazards & Precautions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Inspection, Testing for Damage & Reporting Defects
- Handling & Storage
- Theory Test (multiple choice), with Practical Exercises
To ensure employers and employees understand and can demonstrate the safe use of abrasive wheels for all types of cutting and grinding applications: Stihl Saw, Angle Grinder, Chop Saw, Bench/Pedestal Grinder, Surface Grinder, Cylindrical Grinder etc.
Our most popular option for those in the construction industry is this half day course (which can be conducted on your site) this course is better suited to operators, who only operate hand held/portable machines, bench or pedestal grinding machines.
Operatives, Supervisors and Managers who use or are in the proximity of Abrasive Wheels, who operate hand held/portable machines, bench or pedestal grinding machines.
The course will benefit those who work in the environment where abrasive wheels are used.
Candidates should be at least 16 years old and each candidate must Supply all their own PPE.
Candidates who successfully pass the course will receive a certificate of competency in the awareness and use of abrasive wheels.
The dates for this course will be matched to your individual requirements, please contact us to arrange dates.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506