HS (G) 47 is an in depth training package covering what a safe system of work for avoiding underground services must take into account. The course has been designed to be interactive with theory and practical sessions enabling a thorough knowledge / understanding of HS (G) 47 and how cable avoidance tools can be employed in a Construction, Utility or Substation environment.
This course is an Endorsed Training Programme of:
The requirements of HS (G) 47 including:
- Avoiding damage to underground services.
- Underground services colour coding system.
- Site / street furniture identification.
- Utility Plans & their limitations.
- Detection of underground services using cable avoidance tools.
- Detection of underground services using Genny mode with induction clamp and direct connection.
- Appreciation of underground mapping technology.
- Safe digging practises.
- Cat & Genny in a work environment.
- Safe Digging methods such as air lance and hydro excavation technologies.
This course is intended to enhance candidate’s knowledge of statutory regulations, codes of practice, safety procedures and technical aspects of avoiding danger from underground services
For all individuals who require an understanding and knowledge of HSG47 Avoiding danger from underground services
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment will receive an EUSR card.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506