This CITB Site Safety Plus 1 day site supervisor refresher course qualification is intended for those who have already achieved, still hold and have proof of an in-date 2-day SSSTS qualification.
The SSSTS Refresher course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites and it aims to update skills and knowledge pertaining to current legislation to maintain the SSSTS qualification standard.
This course can be completed at our training centre and also via virtual training.
- Current enforcement priorities / HSE / Environment
- Fire risks and emergency procedures and reporting.
- Best practice updates:-
- Noise and vibration
- Drugs and alcohol
- Stress factors
- Dynamic risk assessment procedures
- Hazardous substances
- Work at height
- Manual handling
- Tool box talks
The aim of the SSSTS refresher course covers reminders and updated information on:
- Recent changes to legislation surrounding construction site health, safety and welfare
- How health and safety law is structured
- How their role fits in with controlling site safety, in a safe manner
- Behavioural safety in the Workplace
- Occupational health supervision
- Communication on a site and the routes available within site activity for effective communication
- Carry out site inductions, briefings, tool box talks and understand the legal need for method statements and how they work
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
SSSTS certification expires after 5 years, so candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
You will receive a CITB SSSTS Certificate valid for 5 years.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506