To assist your organisation’s electrical staff in gaining the knowledge required to carry out Competent Person duties and responsibilities in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and HTM Policy 06-02 for Low Voltage HTM 06-02.
The course is based on the content of HSG 85 Electricity at Work Safe Working Practices and the specific requirements of Health Technical Memorandum 06-02 Electrical Safety Guidance for Low Voltage Systems fulfilling the requirements of Appendix 7 of HTM 06-02.
What is covered?
- Overview of electrical systems and protection concepts
- Awareness of electrical dangers for consideration of risk assessment and method statements
- Requirements of Electricity at Work Regulations
- Roles and Duties
- Requirements of GS38
- Content of HTM 06-02
- Safe working practices with electricity
- Low voltage procedures for work on equipment made dead
- completion of live working self-check safety
precautions (form LW1) before testing, faultfinding
or making adjustments on live LV
- Safety Documents
- Requirements for live testing
- Testing of circuits prior to re-energisation
Suitable for electrical staff with responsibility for the operation or maintenance of installed Low Voltage systems and who may be nominated as a Competent Person within their organisation in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and the specific requirements of Health Technical Memorandum 06-02 Electrical Safety Guidance for Low Voltage Systems.
Anyone being considered for LV Competent authorisation.
Who should attend?
Experienced engineering staff with responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of installed Low Voltage systems and who may be appointed as Competent Person (Electrical Low Voltage).
Candidates who successfully complete the City & Guilds Accredited theoretical and practical competence assessments will receive a City & Guilds Accredited Certificate of Competence.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506