Low Voltage Authorised Person Course
This is a training course for those interested in or who are required to carry out switching operations for the safe isolation and de-isolation of low voltage power systems up to 1000 volts AC. Candidates will be introduced to safe operating procedures including lockout/tagout, risk assessment and the issue and control of safety documentation.
Electricity at Work Regulations
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- Outline of the design, construction, installation and maintenance of low voltage equipment
- Appreciation of earthing systems, power equipment and safety earths
- Outline of HV and LV installations (including incoming transformers)
- Electrical isolation and safety procedures
- Safety documentation including switching programme – isolation
- Safe testing of low voltage electrical equipment and installations
- Risk assessment
- Application of low voltage protection
- Case studies
- Practical exercises
This course is intended to enhance candidate’s knowledge of statutory regulations, codes of practice, safety procedures and technical aspects of low voltage power systems.
This course is intended for personnel involved with the operation of low voltage installations (up to 1000 volts AC) for the purpose of commissioning, testing, inspection, maintenance or repair.
Candidates who successfully complete the theoretical and practical competence assessments will receive our “Competence” certificate. Candidates who fail or do not wish to undertake the competence assessments will receive an “Attendance” certificate.
This course can be delivered at SES Training Solutions Premises or Onsite
Park Hall Business Village
Park Hall Road
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506