This course is for candidates to develop the practical skills and knowledge to:
- prepare, low voltage three phase service from pilc* branch / breech joints from lv mains cable
- prepare, three phase mains pilc*
- prepare, complete three phase wavecon / pilc* straight joints
- prepare, complete three phase wavecon / waveform – pilcsta* branch / breech joints
Candidates must have attended the Cable Jointing Wavecon / Waveform Mains Jointing course before attending this course.
Candidates are required to provide the necessary materials for all cable jointing courses.
*All Lead / PILCSTA must be supplied by the clients.
The candidate will:
• Understand and demonstrate personal safety including the basics of on-site safety requirements, hand tools, resins and personal hygiene
• Evaluate electrical test results and demonstrate the use of instruments
• Demonstrate they can complete a transition main straight joint – Wavecon cable to PILCSTA three-phase cable
• Demonstrate they can complete transition mains breeches joint – Wavecon cable to PILCSTA three-phase cable
• Demonstrate they can complete mains pot end PILCSTA mains cable three phase with a single-phase service connection
• Demonstrate they can complete a multi-service breeches joint PILC
• Demonstrate they can complete a service pot end PILC
• Demonstrate they can complete a mains PILC pot end
At the end of this course delegates will be able to demonstrate:
An ability to complete LV Pilc Mains joints live
At the end of this course delegates will understand:
• Safe working techniques
• Live Working Techniques
• The correct use of tools and equipment
Individuals or clients nominated persons who are required to work on Wavecon / Waveform / Plain Lead / PILCSTA / LEAD Troughed Mains Cables
Experienced LV Cable Jointers, will only be accepted onto the course, as candidates need to have lv Wavecon course attendance before attending this course
A certificate of competency will be issued on successful attendance and assessment throughout the course.
The dates for this course will be matched to your individual requirements, please contact us to arrange dates.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506