This course is for candidates to develop the practical skills and knowledge to:
- prepare, low voltage three phase service from pilc* branch / breech joints from lv mains cable
- prepare, three phase mains pilc*
- prepare, complete three phase wavecon / pilc* straight joints
- prepare, complete three phase wavecon / waveform – pilcsta* branch / breech joints
Candidates must have attended the Cable Jointing Wavecon / Waveform Mains Jointing course before attending this course.
Candidates are required to provide the necessary materials for all cable jointing courses.
*All Lead / PILCSTA must be supplied by the clients.
The candidate will:
• Understand and demonstrate personal safety including the basics of on-site safety requirements, hand tools, resins and personal hygiene
• Evaluate electrical test results and demonstrate the use of instruments
• Demonstrate they can complete a transition main straight joint – Wavecon cable to PILCSTA three-phase cable
• Demonstrate they can complete transition mains breeches joint – Wavecon cable to PILCSTA three-phase cable
• Demonstrate they can complete mains pot end PILCSTA mains cable three phase with a single-phase service connection
• Demonstrate they can complete a multi-service breeches joint PILC
• Demonstrate they can complete a service pot end PILC
• Demonstrate they can complete a mains PILC pot end
At the end of this course delegates will be able to demonstrate:
An ability to complete LV Pilc Mains joints live
At the end of this course delegates will understand:
• Safe working techniques
• Live Working Techniques
• The correct use of tools and equipment
Individuals or clients nominated persons who are required to work on Wavecon / Waveform / Plain Lead / PILCSTA / LEAD Troughed Mains Cables
Experienced LV Cable Jointers, will only be accepted onto the course, as candidates need to have lv Wavecon course attendance before attending this course
A certificate of competency will be issued on successful attendance and assessment throughout the course.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506