Attend this JM1 – Jointers Mate course if you would like to learn and develop your skills to assist cable jointers by becoming an assistant cable jointer / jointers mate.
Whether you’re a beginner or have some experience, this course will help to improve your skills.
The course is designed to progress candidates to become competent mates for cable jointers
All jointing materials including cable for this course are included.
This course can be run over two weekends for small groups should you wish to train Saturday and Sunday; so your work commitments are not interrupted. Just ask!
This course is an Endorsed Training Programme of:
- Introduction to basic electrical formula i.e. V=IR and transposition I= V/ R and R=V/I
- Regulations, policies and procedures
- Need for PPE
- Construction of different types of cable
- Cable Preparation for low voltage cables
- Cable Preparation for high voltage 11kv cables
- Termination of a single phase cut out
- Termination of a three phase cut out
- Tests at the low voltage service position i.e. phase rotation observation, polarity, voltage and earth loop impedance measurement to assist the cable jointer
- Insulated tools and equipment
- Safe use and care of Liquid Petroleum Gas Equipment
- Abrasion of sheaths
- Fit Joint Shells
- Mix and Pour Resin Safely
At the end of this course delegates will be able to demonstrate:
- Preparation of XLPE, PVC and awareness of Paper Insulated Lead Cable (only if example pilc cable sourced by sponsor / candidate)
- Preparation of jointing materials
- Preparation of cut outs – single phase and three phase
- Correct and safe working practices and procedures
- Correct use of tools
At the end of this course delegates will understand:
- Regulations, Policies and Procedures relevant to jointing
- Safe use and care of LPG equipment
- Cable construction
Apprentices, excavators, internal and external delegates who work well within
a team environment and have basic training in First Aid and Manual
Delegates will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance and EUSR Identification Card
The dates for this course will be matched to your individual requirements, please contact us to arrange dates.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506