SES Training offer this Protection Systems and Commissioning Course to introduce electrical protection commissioning and testing.
The course is ideal for theory and practical elements so you can gain understanding of both low and high voltage electrical protection in commercial, industrial and high voltage power networks and systems.
- Introduction to Protection Employed
- Means of Providing Protection I.e. Fuses, Circuit Breaker
- Calculation of Graded Time Settings
- Current Transformer Polarity and Magnetisation Curves
- Commissioning of Protection Systems
- Commissioning of Switchgear
- Basic Fault Level and Calculations
- Current & Voltage Transformers
- Primary Injection Testing
- Secondary Injection Testing
- PPE Requirements
- Practical testing of Installations
To provide personnel with a knowledge of Commissioning and Protection Systems, and the legal requirements to carry out such practices.
The course will also allow the candidate to have a knowledge of the testing involved, and instrumentation required.
The candidate will be given demonstration and hands on practice to support this knowledge.
The course is designed for everyone from managers, engineers, electricians, mechanical engineers to apprentices to gain an awareness of protection systems and commissioning practices.
Electrical/Plant Engineers, Supervisors, Technicians, Electricians with responsibility for the application, commissioning and/or maintenance of electrical protective equipment used on industrial electrical power systems.
Candidates will receive a Certificate of Competence upon successful completion issued
Stoke on Trent
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506