If you use Cat and Genny’s at work then this course will help you understand how to use them correctly and safely.
Buried services represent a major hazard to all construction workers the world over.
We will explain how poorly planned excavations with improper use of a Cat and Genny can cause cable or pipe damage resulting in costly repairs, delays and personal injury.
Our approach to your training will ensure you minimise exposure to poor workplace practice.
This course is an Endorsed Training Programme of:
The course is aligned with the EUSR – CAT1 Locate & Avoid Underground Services (Inc appropriate HSG47 guidlines). When booking this course you can pay the additional fee for registration with the EUSR
• On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
• Identify the components of the CAT & Genny
• State the function of each component part
• Identify the correct procedures for obtaining the best results from the CAT & Genny
• Identify the types of plant that cannot be located by the CAT used without the Genny
• Identify the types of plant that cannot be located by the CAT and Genny when used
• Demonstrate the safe techniques for:
• Using the CAT to detect pipes and cables located underground using Power (P), Radio (R) & Genny (G) signal with the Genny in both induction and connection mode
• Operating the function check
This course addresses techniques and precautions for safe working prior to excavating
highways, footpaths etc.
The course emphasises the need to use CAT and Genny together and the need for operatives to undertake the function check at periodic intervals.
Anyone responsible for locating of underground services
Site Energy Services Certificate of Awareness.
The dates for this course will be matched to your individual requirements, please contact us to arrange dates.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506