The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) is a popular course for those who are undertaking a supervisory role within a construction company. The SSSTS course is relatively short but provides these individuals with the knowledge they need to effectively handle the health and safety of their chosen workplace.
Prior to a Delegate(s) attending a Course or Programme it is your responsibility to bring these Conditions to their attention. Where a Delegate is under the age of 18, it is your responsibility to ensure that the parent or guardian of that Delegate has given their consent to the Delegate undertaking the Course.
We need proof of this consent, so ensure we have this prior to the start of the course. CITB Parental Consent Form
This course can be completed at our training centre and also via virtual training.
The main topics covered are:
- The Health and Safety Legal System
- Construction Accidents – types, numbers and immediate and underlying causes
- Awareness of other Regulations
- Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes
- Work at Height
- Demolition Noise and Vibration
- Occupational Health
- Fire Awareness
- Control of contractors
- Electricity and Confined Spaces.
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- how they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- understand the problems of the industry
- understand how health and safety law is structured, and how it applies to supervisors
- identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitor site activities effectively
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Delegates should hold or be about the hold the role of a supervisor. Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.
This certificate expires every five years. After this period certificate holders are required to sit the SSSTS refresher course to renew their qualification for a further five years.
Need help choosing the right course? Call us on: 01782 461 506